Thursday, January 20, 2011

Gobble Gobble

I took a Nutrition class last semester, and once a month we had a "food day" for extra credit. Everyone in the class brought something in, nutritious or not, and got extra credit points. For November's food day, I wanted to make something Thanksgiving themed. I did some online searching and found this idea on the Betty Crocker website. I decided to improvise a little and make my own icing instead of getting the store bought kind. I started by making butter recipe, chocolate, and marble cupcakes. I used Wilton's chocolate buttercream recipe to ice the cupcakes. The recipe calls for cocoa OR melted chocolate, and due to a time restraint I used cocoa. After tasting the icing, I immediately regretted that decision. I found the icing to be quite bitter and dry. To decorate the cupcakes I used candy corn, chocolate sprinkles, white icing, and black decorating gel. Much to my surprise, these cupcakes were quite a hit at food day.

No comments:

Post a Comment